Monday, May 28, 2012

Eggless Whole Wheat Fluffy Waffles - Vegan!

No eggs, no dairy, higher in protein than some waffles and the calories are not that bad if you just have two squares.  This is a Sunday morning treat for me!

      1 C Whole Wheat Flour
      1/4 cup Flax Meal (I grind my own in a coffee grinder).
      1/2 C Oatmeal
      1 Scoop EAS Soy Protein Powder
      1 teaspoon Baking Powder
      1 teaspoon Baking Soda
      2 1/2 Cup Soy Milk
Mix all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.  Add soy milk and mix to remove any lumps.  Cook immediately in a waffle iron sprayed with cooking spray.  
The batter will thicken as it sits.  Thin with a little bit of water if needed.  
Makes 10 squares (2 each per serving).
Note: My container of Soy Protein measures 3 tablespoons per scoop (the scooper that comes in the container).  But, the calorie count is the same as added here (170 calories per scoop).  Our family traditionally enjoys pancakes and waffles with peanut butter and syrup.  We normally use 100% maple syrup.  Yummy!
Whole-Grain Goodness!


Leftover waffles will keep in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days.  You can also freeze them and toast them later for a quick snack!
I entered this recipe into my SparkPeople Recipe Box and this is what it shows for nutrients (197 calories for two squares):
  
My crappy little waffle iron.  It works great!  You would never know that one-day earlier it was a goopy-gummy mess after one of my recipes refused to let me open the lid! Note: Don't use too much protein powder! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment