Tuesday, May 22, 2012

No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Balls

Wow, I made these cookie balls and they turned out great the first try!  I also had all of the ingredients in my pantry.  I used almond butter this time and they turned out awesome!

Mix together:
1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup flax meal (I grind my own flax meal in a coffee grinder)
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla

In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients.  I used a fork to smash the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  Use your hands to compress it and mix thoroughly.  Roll into balls and chill in the refrigerator.  I made the balls kind of large.  This recipe made 13 balls.  You can make them smaller if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment