Monday, September 3, 2012

Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cake For Two!

Argh!  Another day and I want something sweet!  We've been doing great not eating sweets and we're both still dropping weight.  But, sometimes you just gotta splurge and have fun!

I've been wanting to try another 'Mug Cake' (something that I can make that won't leave us with cake for 3 or 4 days.  I didn't want to blow our calorie count for the week, so I created this 'Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cake for Two' recipe!  Hmm, what do you do with the left-over pumpkin and coconut milk?  Make soup!  See my Easy Pumpkin Curry Soup Recipe for directions!

Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cake For Two!
3 Tbsp Flour
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
2 Tbsp Sugar
Mix together dry ingredients.

3 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree (I used canned)
2 Tbsp Light Coconut Milk (or Soy Milk)
1 T Oil
1/4 tsp Cider Vinegar
Mix together then add to dry ingredients.

This was the dry and wet ingredients for the double batch (see below)

This was for the Double Batch (see below)

Spray mugs or ramekins with cooking spray and divide into even servings.

Cook in the microwave for 1 minute.  Turn 1/4 turn, then cook another 30 seconds. Add another 30 seconds if there is still wet mixture on a tooth pick or if you make a Double Recipe. Done!

Top with this awesome topping if you want it sweet and can afford the calories. ;)
1 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup
1 Tbsp White Sugar
1 tsp veggie margarine
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Chopped Walnuts
Put in the microwave for 20 seconds to melt margarine.  Stir and spoon on top of warm cakes.

Serves 2!
I managed to make a double batch of this recipe too.  You can see from this picture that a single batch does not make for a very thick piece of cake!   I thought the cakes were too much of a tease. LOL  I'm sure the calorie count is way over what I needed for the day, but it's a splurge and we enjoyed it!  I also did two workouts today. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment