Sunday, August 26, 2012

Awesome Chocolate Mug-Cake


We checked out the Bakery Section at the Grocery Store this morning to see what they had for dessert.  We didn't buy anything, because we didn't want to have enough cake left over for four days.  
Plus, it would blow our calorie count for the week.
I remembered that I had seen some Mug-Cakes on Pinterest so I looked up the recipe.  
I made this one (http://goo.gl/T9XJOto "test it out" before a special occasion. It's awesome!  I would have this any-day over a store bought cake.  It's moist and very chocolaty!  
Hmmm, I think I might have to make 8 or 9 of them for my birthday next month! LOL 

Awesome Chocolate Mug Cake 
(For Two!)


3 Tbsp All purpose flour
3 Tbsp White sugar 
2 Tbsp Cocoa powder 
1/4 tsp Baking Soda 
Pinch of Salt
3 Tbsp Oil 
3 Tbsp Soy Milk 
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract 
2 tsp Chocolate chips (optional)

In a bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
Add oil, soy milk, vanilla extract and mix well with a fork until there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Divided the batter into 2 small mugs or ramekins. (It's called Mug Cake, but I used ramekins.)

Microwave on high for 1 minute.  Insert a toothpick in the center to see if it comes out clean.  Cook an additional 20 to 30 seconds if needed.  If you like it gooey, pull it out now.
Serve warm - No Frosting Needed!

Cakes before cooking: 
After Cooking 1 minute 20 seconds in the Microwave:



1 comment:

  1. That looks easy and yummy! I'm sure we will "find" a special day to make it. :) Xoxo

    ReplyDelete